Tuesday, January 18, 2005

AT&T and Cingular System ID's

My phone (a TDMA Nokia 6560) has always shown AT&T on the main display when the phone is in idle mode. Today my phone began showing 'Cingular' on the display. When I went to the network monitor screen, sure enough, it now shows system 4105 Cingular. The conversion is in progress. In the near future, it will be worth it to switch to GSM, as the GSM side becomes more robust, and system resources are concentrated on the 'new' network, and the older TDMA network is stripped of its equipment and bandwidth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your site. I enjoy the info posted. How does one get in contact with the people that plan the needed tower sites for the expanding wireless industry? I have a site going into construction in the near future, and a site already with a 350' tower waiting to be ussed. I am curious as to how the info, for sites needed and exsisting, gets passed to the people in charge of building the networks for these companys.
Thank you,
Bill

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home