Monday, May 23, 2005

Accurate cell phone coverage.....

I am very impressed with a new mapping system that T-Mobile has just rolled out that gives very accurate mapping and cell phone strength/coverage. The system overlays contours for signal strength over street level maps, giving users a rough idea of what the can expect for coverage. Check it out here on T-Mobiles site. I usually do not push one service, but this should be helpful for people trying to determine if they will have coverage in a particular location. It also makes it easier to identify towers in your neighborhood. For instance, there is a 'flagpole' a few miles from me that I have been planning on taking photo's and placing on my main site, and I had not determined who's site it was, until now! I found the strong signal contour right where the site I was trying to ID was. Let me know if you have found similar tools online!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home