Sunday, September 18, 2005

Verizon building new sites.....

Wow, you don't hear this everyday: Dave (who was checking out my website) complained to Verizon Wireless about the coverage in his area, around Wilmington, MA. Within two days, Verizon called him back, and said they knew they had bad coverage in that area of Wilmington, and that they were working on a new tower that should be going up in early 2006. That is in sharp contrast to my provider Cingular (formerly AT&T Wireless) who gave me the runaround when I called to complain that what used to be a strong signal in the Park Ave Arlington, MA area was now non-existent on my Nokia TDMA phone. My suspicion is that they have shut down the TDMA at that site, and now only use the GSM side. This is not good news for users like myself that like (for coverage, roaming, and other reasons) and still continue to use the TDMA service. Kudos to Verizon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home